Yard Dog Operator
Department: Operations; The position is from 5pm to 5am and the person will work at least 5 days per week.
Wage Plan/Exemption: Non-Exempt; The pay ranges between $18.00 to $20.00 per hour with a shift premium of $1.00.
This position is responsible for entry level, non-skilled general labor while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to company policies and procedures. This role is tasked with safely moving trailers from one location to another. Being safety conscientious is paramount to the success of this role. This includes ensuring tires are chalked, inspections are thorough, and dock safety rules are followed.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Complete a pre/post operational checklist for each shift
- Move trailer into docks or specific location
- Refuel tractors
- Submit specified trailers for repairs as needed
- Ensure all safety rules and regulations are followed
- Inspect trucks/trailers
- Prepare accurate reports
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Class A CDL is preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with other personnel
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Must follow all safety requirements
- Hot, humid environment at times, as well as cold, wet conditions for up to 12-hour shift.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis, including lifting at shoulder level or higher.
- Lift and carry up to 100 lbs. on an infrequent basis, including lifting at shoulder level or above.
It may be an understatement to say that we work every day to uphold our company’s core values. Because being a servant leader, committed to relationships, pioneering, results driven and tenacious are not just ideals we work towards. We live them. We breathe them. These values are the true essence of how we work and are in every product, service, and opportunity we offer.
- Servant Leader to All – Humbly listening to and serving our employees, customer, and suppliers
- Committed to Relationships – Caring about the long-term well-being of our employees, customers, and suppliers
- Pioneering – Using our industry knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit to connect our stakeholders to innovative solutions
- Results-Driven – Having an intense desire to go beyond what is expected
- Tenacious – Persevering in all that we do