Tool Room and Spare Parts Attendant
- Pay Rate: Based on experience level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Excellent benefits such as paid time off, 401k, and medical
- Training provided.
- The primary purpose of this position is to have tools available upon request and in good working condition for the shop. This position will also be responsible for maintaining records of tools and their location), , and performing light building maintenance.
- Is responsible for picking up and delivering repair parts and/or supplies and assisting in requisitioning, receiving, stocking, issuing, and inventorying parts, supplies, and/or tools in a storeroom warehouse.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: Entry Level Position
- Self-driven and motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow both verbal and written directions
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Good sense on how tools operate and their functions
- Basis computer skills and knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inventories, stores, and distributes hand tools and other equipment
- Maintains tool functionality, calibrations specifications, and safe conditions by performing frequent inspections of tools and equipment for wear, defects, or damage.
- Keeps an inventory of tools by tracking the distributions of tools and users in a database or other system.
- Orders new tools or repairs tools as needed
- Receives, stores, and issues spare replacement parts, equipment, and expendable items used in repair or maintenance shop.
- Takes inventory of parts and maintains inventory records.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or to pick up deliver parts to units in other buildings or locations
- Reconciles requisitions with invoices on a weekly basis and coordinates with the accounting department.
- Maintains open communications with supervisor at all times.
- Price quotes and coordination for external maintenance requirements pending upper management approval.
- Works under the close direction of senior personnel
- Must comply with all necessary safety measures in the course of discharging duties so as to prevent accident or injury
- Team player
The employee must be able to stand for long periods of time and is occasionally required to sit, climb, walk, stoop, and kneel. Must be able to work in extremely hot temperatures, up to 130F. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
To keep our employees safe we practice social distancing, masks are required, hand sanitizer provided, and extended housekeeping are put into place.