Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
First Shift Shipping and Receiving Coordinator needed immediately
8:30 am – until last shipment pick up M – F
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in warehouse.
- Storing items orderly in warehouse, tool rooms, supply rooms, notifying appropriate person upon arrival of goods.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage. Receive and count stock items and record data manually into the computer.
- Experienced with preparing outbound shipments including preparation of sequentially numbered paperwork in software accounting system, management of packaging materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped and arrangement of transportation services.
- Knowledge with packaging, dimensions and weighing items accurately for outbound shipments.
- Communicating with 3rd party trucking communicating setting up shipments for LTL, Fed-Ex, UPS and best means of transporting per customer’s request or best route needed.
- The shipping and receiving coordinator position perform inventory management for incoming and outgoing company products and parts.
- Completes incoming inspection testing, confirmation of certificates of conformance and reconciliation of receiving/purchase documentation.
- Notifies and/or delivers incoming product to end user
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift certified or passed certification able to pass certification within 6 months.
- Basic math and reading are required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and pass drug screening.
- 24 months experience with communicating with 3rd party trucking, communicating booking shipments for LTL, Fed-Ex small packages, UPS Worldwide and small packages and best means of transporting per customer’s request or best route needed.
- Weight and dimensions, ability to read tape measure accurately.
- Knowledge of trucking classifications.
- Notating any discrepancies found and recording any damage at time of arrival, acknowledging RMA upon arrival.
- Logging in trucking companies’ system and communicating through phone or email.
This job is labor intense, not a desk job.
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and salary requirements.