Shipping and Receiving Associates
Shipping and Receiving Associates usually work in warehouses and are responsible for handling merchandise and supplies in a timely and organized manner. Common duties are making shipment arrangements, filling in shipment forms, checking merchandise for damage, issuing invoices, labeling packages, and taking any necessary corrective measures. Organizational skills, multi-tasking, time management and attention to detail.
After completion of the 90 day probationary period and being converted to the company you will receive a $300 conversion bonus
- High school diploma / GED preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Must have open availability and be able to work weekends on a rotational schedule
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid forklift license that has been issued through the company
- Must have previous Shipping and Receiving experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Receive products from vendor deliveries and unload trucks at loading docks.
- Must be able to operate the hand scanner when preparing outgoing orders
- Receives incoming product to include weighing and staging of the material
- Distribution on incoming material to the right location
- May operate tier lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area
- Always use your personal protective equipment
- Help maintain all the work areas clean
- Complete any tasks assigned by the foreman
- Forklift operation with company provided training
The employee must be able to stand for long periods of time and is occasionally required to sit, climb, walk, stoop, and kneel. The employee must be able to lift and / or move to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour