Safety Facilitator Trainer
Review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents. May conduct inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals. Bi- Lingual in Spanish.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Test workplaces for environmental hazards, such as exposure to chemical hazards, or excessive noise.
- Verify availability or monitor use of safety equipment, such as hearing protection or respirators.
- Evaluate situations or make determinations when a worker has refused to work on the grounds that danger or potential harm exists.
- Maintain all required environmental records and documentation.
- Plan emergency response drills.
- Prepare or review specifications or orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards.
- Conduct worker studies to determine whether specific instances of disease or illness are job-related.
- Inspect fire suppression systems or portable fire systems to ensure proper working order.
- Maintain logbooks of daily activities, including areas visited or activities performed.
- Provide consultation to organizations or agencies on the workplace application of safety principles, practices, or techniques.
- Creates and/or obtains curriculum and trains workers to ensure their understanding of safe work procedures.
- Ensures employees are competent to safetly carry out their assigned duties.
- Conducts comply inspections and random safety audits as warranted. Works with Leadership to correct any deficiencies.
- Conducts investigation of accidents corrective action to ensure an similar incidents do not occur again.
- Coordinates and lead the activities of the safety committee.
- Compiles statistics and generates reports as required.
- Works with Leadership and Workers Compensation Insurance Carrier to identify injury trends and to implement programs to improve accidents statistics.
- Develops Goals and Objectives which positively impact Workers Safety and Health and makes recommendations to enhance current Safety Programs.
- OSHA safety regulations and to preserve worker health and safety.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, walk, stoop, and kneel. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
To keep our employees safe we practice social distancing, Temperature Scans. hand sanitizers provided to the employees, and additional housekeeping measures.