Quality Control Technician
Conduct tests to determine quality of raw materials and finished products. Follows ISO 9001:2015 quality management system guidelines in order to properly grade and identify materials.
After completion of the 90 day probationary period and being converted to the company you will receive a $300 conversion bonus.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Basic math skills, ability to work with fractions and proportions required
- Pass color test- total error score < 36
- May be subject to annual color re-testing
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials and finished goods.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release
- Perform visual inspections of finished products
- Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses
- Supply quality control data necessary for regulatory submissions
- Receive and inspect raw materials.
- Investigate or report questionable test results to the Quality Control Manager along with production.
- Ensure that lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained.
- Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, or protocols.
- Train other analysts to perform laboratory procedures and assays.
- Participate in internal assessments and audits as required.
- Write or revise standard quality control operating procedures.
- Create certificates of analysis for customers that require them.
- Always use your personal protective equipment.
- Help keep all of the work areas clean.
- Complete any tasks assigned by foremen.
- Report all issues to the color tech or foreman.
- Forklift operation with company provided training
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, walk, stoop, and kneel. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time