Quality Control Chemist I
• Use basic understanding and knowledge of techniques, instrumentation and lab functions to identify problems and support the completion of work assignments.
• Perform and review QC release testing.
• Support routine analytical testing using GC, KF, and HPLC.
• Assist the QC/QA group with writing and editing of SOPs and STPs
• Support analytical method development.
• Perform method transfer and validation activities.
• Perform OQ/PQ for the Quality Control Equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or life sciences with 1-2 years of experience in a GMP environment.
• Knowledge with HPLC/UPLC, GC, GC-MS/LC-MS, KF, IC.
• Knowledge with Empower and Chemstation. Experience with MassLynx is desirable.
• Familiarity with both CFR 21 and ICH guidelines in regard to GMP.
• Flexibility in working hours is required. Effective communication skills (oral and written).
• Computer skills in in MS Word, Excel, and Access.
• Effective communication skills (oral and written).
• Flexibility in working hours is required.
• Supervisory experience is preferred.
• Must be able to sit and stand throughout the day.
• Must be able to push, pull, squat, lift a min. of 30 pounds at any given time throughout the day.
• Must be able to wear safety shoes & glasses through-out the day while in designated areas. (provided by the company
• You must be cleared by a physician to wear a respirator throughout the day while in designated areas.
• Must be ok working in a chemical environment.