- Ensures Production Processes meet/exceed budgeted performance targets and customer expectations for quality.
- Responsible for New/Altered equipment reviews, creating new LOTO procedures, modifying LOTO procedures due to equipment alterations or process changes and annual review of all LOTO to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the successful launch of all New Product Launches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure facility meets safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure facility safety guidelines are implemented and safe work practices are followed.
- Ensure compliance with all related TS-16949 and ISO 14001 policies and procedures.
- Ensure Lean principles are followed (including 5S standards).
- Serve as the primary contact for all New Process Launches and Project Management in capacity of APQP Engineer.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining APQP documentation.
- Manage major capital projects to bring them in on time and on budget. Lead and finalize equipment layouts, manufacturing processes, and detailed estimates in preparation for submitting capital requests. Responsible for commissioning all equipment prior to startup.
- Direct the work of outside contractors on capital projects with Maintenance Supervisor’s assistance.
- Assist Program Manager with new and existing programs as needed including quoting, design, procurement, engineering changes, tool design, and production implementation.
- Assist in establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in revising and developing standard operational work practices.
- Design, develop, and modify production processes, products and equipment for cost effective and efficient operations (including time/motion studies, process flow, SMED, New Layout, etc.) and to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Analyze process capability and production processes to identify Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Assist Manufacturing Manager and staff (based on daily presence on the shop floor) in selecting, prioritizing, and implementing actions to improve plant performance.
- Inspect equipment to maintain specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Assist in establishing equipment PM standards.
- Responsible to procure spare parts and/or new equipment upgrades.
- Facilitate effective utilization of root cause analysis methodology which includes, but is not limited to, Six Sigma tools, daily meetings, data collection, fish bone diagrams, 5-whys, brainstorming exercises, etc.
- Directly responsible for all process performance related problems (including safety) – troubleshoots and assists with correction.
- Assist in developing Standard Work, FMEA, Control Plans, WI’s, and Quality documents.
- Assist Controller with bill of material review and accuracy.
- Responsible to review RFQ’s, ensuring they meet our manufacturing guidelines and are returned in a timely manner.
- Assist the work teams with development of technical skills (TPM).
- Directly responsible for the development and updating of PM’s and TPM’s for new and altered equipment/process(es).
- Responsible for all new/updated engineering drawings, manuals, etc., ensuring they are stored and filed in a central engineering drawing room.
- Assist with tooling modifications (in house and external).
- Assume responsibility for the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP’s).
- Responsible to oversee the manufacturing of all pre-production samples for all new product launches.
- Responsible for initial training of new production process launches.
- Assist Quality personnel with quality issues.
- Responsible to ensure SPC data is in control.
- Member of EH&S CFT team
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to ensure issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 year technical degree, preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering
- 2-5 years process engineering background in a manufacturing environment
- Strong robotic controls programming
- Experience with robotics troubleshooting and programming (Motoman, Fanuc, ABB)
- Minimum 2 years CAD experience
- Experience with Allen Bradley control equipment
- Lean Manufacturing experience required
- Comprehension of statistical methods used to perform data analysis
- Demonstrated ability in technical problem solving related to manufacturing processes
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret technical communications and blueprints.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and other internal customers.
- Strong math skills are required to handle complex calculations, and problem solving.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with both abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency with MS Office software (inc. PowerPoint, Word and Excel) and Lotus notes
- Customer web-based programs
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is loud.
The primary purpose of this job description is to summarize the key/essential duties. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates can submit their resume at email@example.com