Mechanic/ Maintenance Technician
Perform mechanical duties which involves troubleshooting, repairing, rebuilding and replacing equipment and/or component parts.
Pay is based on experience and qualifications
After completion of the 90 day probationary period and being converted to the company you will receive a $300 conversion bonus
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains, installs, operates, sets up and tests all types of plant equipment. This also includes any lubrication or other periodic servicing of same.
- Reads and works from basic blueprints and drawings to perform maintenance and service, install and/or modify equipment.
- Reads and understands sketches and schematics.
- Understands and performs safety practices.
- Works alone or in cooperation with others and other department to do any work on any plant equipment in the most time and cost efficient manner.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools, such as multi-meters, micrometers, calipers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of industrial maintenance or equivalent schooling.
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have prior welding experience
The employee must be able to stand for long periods of time and is occasionally required to sit, climb, walk, stoop, and kneel. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time