Performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures as needed at CCT
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on productions machine; able to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Able to locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices, listening for problems
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routing preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance
- Fabricates repair parts, by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintain safe and clean working environment while complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Utilize company resources in an effective manner to ensure best operating costs
- Be able to make appropriate decisions while following the company’s organizational structure
- Have the ability to learn new skills and techniques
- Needs to have the initiative to troubleshoot and respond with minimal guidance
Must perform all other duties that are required to meet the goals and objectives of the organization
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of responsible experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair
- Ability to follow verbal directions and written process instructions
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate various sewing machines, electric power tools, glue guns, various hand tools, power tools and fixtures in accordance with operational instructions and to alert appropriate staff when machines malfunctions
- Basic welding skills
- Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team environment and self-direct work
- Basic computer skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work a regular schedule and some overtime.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for several hours at a time, walk, use hand to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and follow instructions.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs. Must possess excellent motor coordination and be able to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the person in this role. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person in this role, nor is it intended that this description represents all the work that may be required of a person in this position.
Email email@example.com with resume.