Existing Industry Director
The Existing Industry Director will facilitate business investment and job creation through a data-driven process for a four-county regional economic alliance. This role manages, coordinates, and implements programs and projects that support the retention and expansion of local firms with a focus on those in target growth or at-risk industries, as well as maintaining a record of available workforce programs and the workforce needs of existing industries. It will also assist with office, and industrial development as it pertains to business retention and expansion; coordinating data analysis and research activities of the organization; and supporting the attraction and retention of domestic and international businesses. To be successful in this role one must build and maintain strong relationships with business and community leaders, workforce and education partners and public sector partners.
- Focusing on business retention and expansion efforts on behalf of all target industry sectors
- Aiding companies and developers with navigating state and regional job training and incentive program opportunities available to existing local firms
- Implementing Business Retention and Expansion survey and company visitation program, providing on-going support and services to corporate officials and uncovering potential projects from company visits
- Responding to requests for information from existing industries, and conducting research and maintaining data on the local workforce climate/availability/needs
- Updating and maintaining customer relationship management (CRM) database on current and target local businesses for outreach as well as related projects and BRE visits and outcomes, creating and proactively providing up to date reports on progress to senior leadership
- Maintaining detailed, accurate understanding of business ecosystem and all players including for- profit, non-profit, federal, state, local government resources
- Managing special project assignments and collaborating with other team members to support overlapping/aligned goals related to business solutions
- Assisting on or leading the planning and execution of events, such as our HR Group Meetings (in person or virtual)
- Assisting with or overseeing the planning and implementation of relevant task force or committee meetings of the board, membership, or other verticals
- Full-time; flexibility required. May work extensive hours, as needed, and ability to travel to attend relevant meetings and conferences
- Task #11: All other duties as assigned; this list is not a comprehensive list, as with any small firm there are additional duties and roles that come up from time to time.
Demonstrated strong research, data analysis, and data interpretation skills
Strong customer service, presentation, and relationship management skills
Ability to self-start, juggle multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines
An understanding of business principles with an entrepreneurial mindset, including finances, supply chain development, workforce development, and strategic business planning
The ability to utilize software including ESRI/ARC GIS, JobsEQ, and state databases to provide business intelligence and location information to local business
Working knowledge of website and social media tools, as well as CRM programs such as HubSpot, to oversee a digital business retention and expansion campaign
Must have completed and graduated from an accredited university with a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree or higher preferred) in Economics, Public Administration or Urban Planning or Business Administration with at least five (5) years of proven successful experience and expertise in Economic Development, Workforce Development, Business Retention and/or Real Estate Development in roles that demonstrate a proven ability to manage multiple projects, communicate effectively, overcome obstacles; and a strong understanding of economic development in today’s competitive climate.
Must have a high-level of proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, GIS applications, database research and others as needed.
The salary amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
Please email resume to Theresa Daugherty at email@example.com.